My New Year Celebration

 



Celebrations to mark the beginning of a new year have existed for thousands of years. This event is usually an opportunity for people to gather together and have fun. These days, New Year festivities begin on December 31st or New Year’s Eve and continue till January 1st or New Year’s Day. There are lots of interesting and unusual New Year's traditions around the world. The most common traditions include attending parties, eating and drinking together, and watching fireworks.

The New Year is something that all my family members look forward to. Everyone wants to begin the new year with fun and good wishes. My family has different ways of celebrating new year’s eve or new year’s day, we celebrate differently every year. We usually clean our house before the new year to drive away all the bad luck we had in the previous year and after that harsh clean-up, celebrating with friends or family members is a must-have. But it depends whether we’re at home or not because going abroad at the end of the year is something we’d always love to do.

In cities all across the globe, fireworks shows take place right at the time when the clock passes midnight on 31st December. I remember the time when we celebrate new year’s eve abroad, firework displays are different in every city. Based on my experience, the best firework show is the one I had in Hong Kong, the harbor’s skyline just made it different. But I also celebrate new year’s eve at home during times when I’m not abroad. My family usually visit other family’s house for parties. The area where we live always displays varieties of fireworks on occasional events all year long so sometimes we also host in our house, people that came can watch firework displays on the rooftop.

A new year is perfect to make a better change in your life. Making a New Year's resolution is a popular tradition all over the world. The resolution involves people committing to change bad habits they always do the year before. Classic New Year resolutions are to be healthier and more successful. I always make realistic resolutions during the new year so that it might help me achieve the success I wanted because making too many weird resolutions leads to failure. I tend to make resolutions such as doing a healthier lifestyle.

Written by Richard Pranyatna XIMIPA3/24 

Comments

Popular Posts